Covid-19 Policies & Information Page
Updated 25 Sept. 2021
To provide a safe environment for skaters and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic we have been working with Skate Canada, the City of Toronto (Mitchell Field staff) and following the recommendations of the Toronto Public Health department.
- Vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all staff and skaters of eligible age
(12 or older as of December 31, 2021).
- Proof is required of 2 vaccine injections of a Canadian approved vaccine, plus a fourteen day waiting period. Instructions for uploading vaccination documentation prior to program registration are here. More details at bottom of this page.
- Skaters must have a signed passport and a mask, or they will not be allowed to enter.
- Skaters must come to the rink fully dressed to skate, as no changerooms are available.
- Skate Guards needed to walk from the car, into the arena and on the ice.
- Access is only by the north arena doors on Church Street, near the west parking lot - no access from Mitchell Field Community Centre (doors closed).
- One parent/guardian/adult per skater under the age of 18 allowed to accompany skater to the
Check-In area, which will be at the arena outside door.
- No siblings allowed to accompany parent or skater.
- All skaters and coaches wear masks into the arena.
- All skaters and coaches wear masks on the ice at all times (Mitchell Field requirement).
- Verbal screening is taken at the arena entrance, before going inside.
- Pre-screen at home. Date and sign the COVID screening passport and bring it with you to each skating session. If you are not feeling well or have any of those symptoms, stay home. If they come and display those symptoms, we will deny entry. For the older skaters (drop and go ones) they will be sent to the isolation room, call their parents to pick them up immediately.
- Protocols and waivers must be signed before skaters will be permitted to skate (done online during registration).
Click here for Summary of Club Covid-19 Protocols, Restrictions and Screening. Updated Sept.25, 2021.
Click here for Complete Club Covid-19 Protocols, Restrictions and Screening. Updated Sept. 25, 2021.
Click here for Daily Health Screening Questionnaire. Updated Sept.13, 2021.
Click here for Skate Ontario COVID Waiver.
Click here for COVID Screening Passport for adult skaters. Updated Sept.23, 2021.
Click here for COVID Screening Passport for school age skaters. Updated Sept.23, 2021.
Click here for Arena use guidelines during Covid-19.
Click here for our Covid-19 Oversight Group.
Click here for the Skate Ontario Return to Play Protocols Version 8.0.
- Federally approved vaccines listed here.
- Fully vaccinated means two vaccine injections plus a fourteen day waiting period (here)
- Everyone born in 2009 or earlier are eligible to be vaccinated (City of Toronto).
- If turning 12 in 2021 then with proof of scheduled 2nd dose will be allowed to skate.
- Medical reasons for not being vaccinated (e.g. allergic to vaccine components) need to include appropriate medical documentation (Provincial Guidance).
- Instructions for uploading vaccination documentation prior to program registration are here. Documents need to be submitted to fully complete registration.
- All uploaded documents will be kept strictly private within our registration system, where they will be reviewed for confirmation.
- Failure to follow the vaccination policy (or any club policy) will result in cancellation of the skater's program registrations with no refund entitlement.