Covid-19 Policies & Information Page
We have been working with Skate Canada and the City of Toronto (Mitchell Field staff) to provide a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of our club policies are highlighted below; click here for the full Skate Canada COVID-19 return to skating guidelines.
- Skaters must come to the rink fully dressed to skate, as no changerooms are available.
- Skaters must have a signed passport and a mask, or they will not be allowed to enter.
- CanSkaters are recommended to wear a shield on ice. A face shield can be put on their helmets using some medium plastic for the shield, velcro or tape to attach to the helmet.
- Skate Guards needed to walk from the car, into the arena and on the ice.
- Access is only by the north arena doors on Church Street, near the west parking lot - no access from Mitchell Field Community Centre (doors closed).
- One parent/guardian/adult per skater under the age of 18 allowed to accompany skater to the
Check-In area, which will be at the arena outside door.
- No siblings allowed to accompany parent or skater.
- All skaters and coaches must wear masks into the arena. Coaches will wear masks on the ice
- StarSkaters allowed to take masks off once on the ice to skate
- Verbal screening will be taken at the arena entrance, before going inside.
- Pre-screen at home. Date and sign the COVID screening passport and bring it with you to each skating session. If you are not feeling well or have any of those symptoms, stay home. If they come and display those symptoms, we will deny entry. For the older skaters (drop and go ones) they will be sent to the isolation room, call their parents to pick them up immediately.
- Protocols and waivers must be signed before skaters will be permitted to skate (done online during registration).
Click here for Summary of Covid-19 Protocols, Restrictions and Screening. Updated Oct. 6, 2020.
Click here for Complete Covid-19 Protocols, Restrictions and Screening. Updated Oct. 6, 2020.
Click here for COVID Screening Passport. Added Oct. 11, 2020.
Click here for Arena use guidelines during Covid-19.
Click here for our Covid-19 Oversight Group.