The STAR 2 session prepares skaters for their STAR 2 Skate Canada standardized tests - STAR 2 skills, freeskate, dance and synchro.
Group lesson format; Optional private lessons are available.
Sessions include a 15 min. group warmup/skills lesson and two 15 min. group lessons focusing on the 5 disciplines of figure skating (skills, freeskate, dance, artistic and synchronized skating) and 15 min. of practice times. Skaters will learn to practice independently. Skaters may leave group lesson for 15 min. only for private lesson.
Skaters must have passed the complete STAR 1 tests (Skills, Freeskate AND Dance Elements) and should be landing 3 single jumps consistently.
Skating Attire - Proper figure skates and attire are required
(1) Proper figure skates;
(2) Skating dresses, skirts, pants or leggings; skating pants with stretchy material. (No jeans or other restrictive clothing (street wear) allowed on the ice);
(3) Fitted sweaters, fitted zip up sweaters or shirts that do not fall below the hips;
- loose fitting sweatshirts or sweatpants;
- hoddies, tank tops, tube tops, tops with low‐cut necklines or have their midriff showing;
- sleeveless shirts/tops;
- tops/sweaters that fall below the hips;
- hats, earmuffs, hoods (except for young STAR 1 &2 skaters who are cold, wearing snug fitting hats will be acceptable)