Skaters in the STAR 3 program will continue to work on their skating skills. This session prepares skaters for STAR 3 skills, freeskate, dance and synchro tests.
Session includes a 15 min. group warm up/skills lesson.
Skater MUST hire a private coach for at least one 15 min. lesson each skating day. Skaters practice independently after their private lesson.
STAR 3 skaters should be landing 4 single jumps consistently and must have at least passed all of the the following tests:
(1) STAR 2 Skills; and
(2) STAR 2 FreeSkate Elements; and
(3) STAR 2a and b Dances.
Skaters will work on their STAR 2 Freeskate Program on the STAR 3 session.
Skating 2 days a week is recommended.
Skating Attire - Proper figure skates and attire are required
(1) Proper figure skates;
(2) Skating dresses, skirts, pants or leggings; skating pants with stretchy material. (No jeans or other restrictive clothing (street wear) allowed on the ice);
(3) Fitted sweaters, fitted zip up sweaters or shirts that do not fall below the hips;
- loose fitting sweatshirts or sweatpants;
- hoddies, tank tops, tube tops, tops with low‐cut necklines or have their midriff showing;
- sleeveless shirts/tops;
- tops/sweaters that fall below the hips;
- hats, earmuffs, hoods