Staff & Board of Directors (Volunteers)
Club Manager - Catherine
- Manage Registration, Skater/Parent and Coaching Issues.
- Assist Program Co-ordinator and Coaches Representative.
- Report to Board as required.
Office Administrator - Mahin.
Board of Directors (Volunteers)
The Upper Canada Skating Club Board of Directors is comprised of unpaid volunteers. The Board members meet once a month to ensure that all aspects of running Upper Canada SC are attended to. They give their time and talents to ensure that all skaters enjoy a wonderful and successful skating season!
President - Bruce
- Oversee the running of the club, address any issues that may arise, put forward any changes to programs schedule etc. to be discussed by other board members and then voted on.
- Act as Chair of all Board of Directors and General Meetings.
Vice-President - Barbara
- Liaise with the City
- In the absence of the President , the Vice-President fulfills the duties of the President.
Treasurer - Takako
- Oversee financial operations of the Club.
Secretary - Kristen
- Issue all notices for the Board meetings and General Meetings.
- Prepare the agenda for each meeting in conjunction with the Chair
- Take minutes of each meeting.
Coaching Representative - Taje
- Liaise between the coaches and the Board.
- Communicate policies and procedure to the coaches.
Test/Competition Chair - Position removed
- Organize Test Days and monthly STAR Assessments.
- Organize CanSkate competition and STARSkate Showcase in February; works with CanSkate and STARSkate co-ordinators.
Registrar : Position removed. Role performed by Club Manager (Catherine)
- Handle requests and issues relating to registration.
- Prepare and set up for registration.
- Register club, Board of Directors and skaters with Skate Canada.
Director At Large - Position removed (optional)
- Assist Treasurer, Registrar and Test Chair.