Board of Directors 2018-19
Upper Canada Skating Club is run by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board members meet once a month to ensure that all aspects of running Upper Canada SC are attended to. They give their time and talents to ensure that all skaters enjoy a wonderful and successful skating season!
- To oversee the running of the club, addresses any issues that may arise, put forward any changes to programs schedule etc. to be discussed by other board members and then voted on.
- To act as Chair of all Board of Directors and General Meetings.
Vice-President - Bruce Marshall
- To liaise with the City
- In the absence of the President , the Vice-President will fulfill the duties of the President.
Treasurer - Takako Kato
- To oversee financial operations of the Club.
Test/Competition Chair - June Leung
- To organize Test Days and monthly STAR Assessments.
- To organize CanSkate competition and STARSkate Showcase in February; works with CanSkate and STARSkate co-ordinators.
Registrar - Catherine Chan
- To handle requests and issues relating to registration.
- To prepare and set up for registration.
- To regsiter club, Board of Directors and skaters with Skate Canada.
Secretary - Karen Li
- To issue all notices for the Board meetings and General Meetings.
- To prepare the agenda for each meeting in conjunction with the Chair
- To take minutes of each meeting.
Directors At Large - Barbara Herman & Taje Michael Jones
- To assist Treasurer, Registrar and Test Chair.
Coach Representative - Emily Allen
- To liaise between the coaches and the Board.
- To communicate policies and procedure to the coaches.