Guest Skating - STARSTARSkate Only
Skaters who are registered in the STAR 3, 4, 5-10 and Adult STARSkate programs are allowed to guest skate.
Maximum 10 guest skates during the Fall/Winter session and 5 guest skates during the Spring session, $20 per guest skate. Guest skaters MUST check in at the office and pay guest fee before stepping on the ice.
COVID Consideration: There will be no guest skating for non-club members at this stage.
Skaters from different clubs, who hold a current Skate Canada membership are allowed to guest skate. Proof must be shown before stepping on the ice.
Skaters not registered as a member with another Skate Canada sanctioned club are not allowed to guest skate unless the membership fee is paid to Upper Canada.
Non-Club members are not allowed to guest skate 1 week prior to test day or club competition day.
Maximum 5 guest skates during the Fall/Winter session and 3 guest skates during the Spring session, $30 per guest skate. Guest skaters MUST check in at the office and pay guest fee before stepping on the ice.
Please note- coaches who are not contracted by Upper Canada SC are NOT allowed to coach on our sessions.
- Skaters may request permission to guest skate on any session that they are qualified for.
- The skater must have his or her coach’s approval to guest skate.
- The skater/parent or skater’s coach must inform the club office at least 2 days prior to the desired guest skate session.
- The office administrator will verify the numbers on the requested session to ensure that there is space available.
- Guest skating is only allowed on sessions that are not full. 3 additional spots will be added to the full sessions 1 week prior to test day. Skaters who are testing are allowed to guest skate.
- At times, a skater may request to skate on a session that they are not qualified for. These requests must be submitted to the coaching representative in writing at least one week in advance. Coaching representative will forward the request to the Board for review and approval. The Board must respond to the request in a timely fashion so that the skater/parent/coach will be able to inform the club office at least 2 days prior to the desired guest skating session.
- Skaters must check in with the office administrator and guest skating fee must be paid prior to stepping on the ice.
- The club reserves the right to turn down a request for a skate session where safety concerns and numbers warrant.
- Skaters not adhering to this policy will be asked to leave the ice.
- Skaters who consistently fail to follow the above procedures will have their privilege to guest skate revoked immediately.